Forms of hosting services
A hosting service means stashing and/or sharing specific web content on a web hosting server hosted by a hosting supplier. There are different types of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a look at these. In that way, you can pick what you need, based on whether you'd like to set up a web portal, email box accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by given hosts, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions often include advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular stretch of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inaccurate interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would split the tasks at hand between autonomous bunches of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web space hosting services (email, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain providers offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting kind is good if you want to share an immense quantity of pictures with pals or acquaintances since the solution is generally free. You will get a random link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to taking care of your e-mail accounts. Some firms offer site hosting services for sites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you would like to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can set up mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a problem with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will allow you to own as many video clips as you wish without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to have a web site. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, etc. At Technofree Technology, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that enable you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse compared with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are devised for particular content solely.